More threads by Eye Stigmata

Well...

It's been 2 months since I've SI...which I guess is pretty good, but for the past 2 weeks all I can think about SI....
Ive been trying my hardest not to, because I'm trying to change in so many ways. I moved across the country...have a new house, new work environment....a fresh start. I knew this would be hard for me....and I know exactly why the urge to SI is back....because its familiar, and in times of being uncertain...lots of us lean toward what is familiar....old habits....you know.
Ive joined a gym, Ive been losing weight, I walk atleast 4 km every day....Ive been painting to distract myself.....and sometimes....ok...most of the time, drinking.....but at the end of the day...all I want to do is SI.

Is this going to pass? These feelings?........I thought a fresh start would be good, and most of it has been good....so why is my mind looking for ways to destroy what ive worked so hard towards?

:hissyfit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazzey

Account Closed
:2thumbs: It's great to hear that you could stop for 2 months ES. As for the feelings passing, yes. Just keep doing things to keep your mind off of SI. Those urges do subside when we can find means to distract that part of your thinking. :)

Not SI for 2 months is awesome!! Great Job!! As far as the urges to cut, they will go away!! First of all, it sounds like you are working on some healthy coping mechanisms such as working out, painting, walking. These coping mechanisms will take you far in your goal of abstaining from cutting. I'm sure you know this but be careful with the drinking because that is just another unhealthy coping mechanism. Your urges to cut are understandable because of all the big changes in your life, but you can make it through this!!! Finally, we're here for you because writing on this wall is another healthy coping mechanism!!

Again, Congratulations on not SI for 2 months!!!:2thumbs::2thumbs:

You have done so well. These feeling will come and go but you are winning Continue to use distraction talk to your doctor as may have some hidden stress that needs to be talked through. You can do this each time you don't SH is a victory Congrats on going 2 mths without SH

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.