More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Just was outside and there is nice dusting of snow. It is still snowing now too, but not supose to get too much.

I always like snow on Christmas Eve.

:snow:

Re: It's snowing!!!!! :D

Well i am glad someone is happy to see snow. We are to get some tomorrow for Christmas Day I hope not Bah Humbug Snow and i do not get along. I will take a sprinkle of snow then it goes

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Since it did snow in Florida 32 years ago in 1977, I guess some of it isn't always filtered out.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

It did snow in Florida 32 years ago in 1977, so I guess some of it isn't always filtered out.

It stopped snowing here now. Just little dusts of snow about now. Mostly just looked like it rained.

Was there a lot of snow in 1977?

I remember first time I visit Florida, there was a snow storm here that followed down as far as Georgia and closed down the I75. Lucky we got there ahead of the snow, but a big storm came.

I never see thunder and lightening like that, ever before. Wasn't until this summer when we get a really bad storm here, that reminded me of that.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Kindof:

Plant City measured nearly two inches (five cm) on the ground, and Orlando, Daytona Beach and Vero Beach confirmed falling snow or snow on the ground.

While observers at Miami International Airport never officially reported snow, radar picked up echos of snow falling around the city, and there were numerous public sightings of the unusual precipitation, including some from Miami Beach.

The fine granular snow crystals dusted the palms and baptised the ground with white water, but they soon melted. Most children, and many adults, had never seen snow before -- at least not live and in concert. "They were ecstatic, running around with their tongues out, trying to catch the snow in their mouths," commented Wilton Manors Elementary School principal, Mary Crum.

The Weather Doctor Almanac: Snow Falls on South Florida (1977)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

Did you ever be in snow before? Would have had to be outside Florida then.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Yes, I have gone on vacation to Colorado, etc. during the winter, but only when I was a kid. Back then, I thought it was rather unexciting and overrated :)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

Yes, I have gone on vacation to Colorado, etc. during the winter, but only when I was a kid. Back then, I thought it was rather unexciting and overrated :)

Not being use to that kind of cold would put a damper on the spirit of enjoying the snow I would assume :teehee:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

So, are you enjoying a hot chocolate while staring sentimentally out of the window? :D Of course, I'm just jealous because I have less snow to put in my gratitude journal :D :)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

So, are you enjoying a hot chocolate while staring sentimentally out of the window? :D

:teehee: No. I am sitting with most of the lights out with the Christmas tree lights on.

Earlier I took long way home driving, in the snow. Then walked a bit in the snow. :teehee:

Retired

On our street, everyone has luminaries set out at the side of the road. With the Christmas lights on, we even had some liquid snow this evening to give us a true taste of Christmas.

Ho Ho Ho!

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

Wow, that sounds great Steve.

Merry Christmas! All the best wishes to all.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

I guess Mother Nature is de-dandruffing her hair to get ready for the New Year.

Mother nature should use Head and Shoulders instead if that is the case

"Respect the hair!" (I've never fully understood what that means...)

Yes, I have gone on vacation to Colorado, etc. during the winter, but only when I was a kid. Back then, I thought it was rather unexciting and overrated

It is overrated. Highly overrated. :vent: :rant: :banghead: :smack:

Domo

Inactive

Aww i have never seen snow.

Who's going to sponsor me coming to Canada for a visit? :p

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.