• Quote of the Day
    "Behind the cloud the sun is still shining."
    Abraham Lincoln, posted by desiderata

RBM

Is it possible just to have Obsessive thoughts or do these two things work hand in hand?

I get very Obsessive with my thoughts to the point where I think I have a serious problem, but I don't really feel that I'm Compulsive although maybe I don't understand it properly.

I'll get disturbing thoughts in my head that I will think about over and over, but I don't really do anything that I can tell that is like a compulsive "ritual." I know some people will wash there hands, or shave or check the elements on the stove. I'll do some of those things maybe a tad bit more then average but I don't think it's to the extreme level of some people, I'd chalk it more down to perfectionism I have.

David Baxter

Administrator
Yes, OCD can involve repetitive obsessive thoughts with little or no compulsive acts or rituals asssociated with those thoughts.

MollyK

I have obsessive thoughts to, in the form of fantacies where I act them out repeatedly in my head and even wake up in the night doing it. I think it meets some kind of need. For me I think the thoughts I am having are comforting, but really they are not because they are after all fantasies. I cant stop them going round in my head in any case

Top Bottom