More threads by Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

Just need some advice on my meds...I end up ranting (as usual) but ignore me...everyone else does.

After trying several ADD meds that didn't help, the last resort was trying Ritalin, which I started late last week. I'm also on 250mg. daily of Xanax and 150 mg. Lamictal.

I was addicted to pain medication and took Suboxone (Buprenorphine) to get off of the opiates. For the last 6 or so months I've only had to take 1mg. once a day. My script ran out and my doctor & pharmacist, being a-holes, won't let me get any more Suboxone without a major hassle. Well, basically my idiot doctor.

So I decided to stop the Suboxone and just get off it. Only 1mg. but I've been going thru withdrawls (subconscious??). Also, when I take the Ritalin, within an hour I feel terribly nauseaus...close to the point of vomiting.

The Xanax doesn't do much for me anymore. I'm not even sure why I'm on the Lamictal.

I've been on antidepressants for over 20 years. I've been diagnosed with BPD, slight OCD, ADHD and the longest affliction is major depressive disorder.

I don't have a psychiatrist, therapist or anything of the like. My doctor, who charges me $90 just to write my scripts for 2 minutes (doesn't even check my heart!!) and now he won't put any refills, so I have to go to him every month. I don't have insurance so the doctor visits & meds are costing me a fortune. I can't afford a psychiatrist. The ones here who will actually see a BPD patient cost $200 and up for 40 minutes.

Plus for the fact that I'm still not dealing with my mother's death, or "accepting" it. Its getting harder to not accept it since I haven't seen nor spoken with her, but I can still talk myself out of thinking she's gone.

I feel like I'm freaking crazy. I turned 45 this year yet I still think of myself in my 20's until I see myself in the mirror, which is REALLY depressing. I feel like I've wasted my 20's & 30's and now my life is more than half over and I've done nothing I wanted to. I conformed. I hate my life, I'm unhappy. If I were to even go toward my dream I'm too old. Is this even something a psych can help with??? I'm thinking they cant because its something thats been inside of me for a very long time. I will never be happy, thats my lot in life I guess. :confused:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Hi CC,

I read your post, and I relate to the feeling of having 'wasted' a lifetime. But, you still have a full life ahead of you. Your life is definitely not 'half over'. You're still young (and don't contradict me on this- we're in the same age bracket :) ).

For me, I'm just focusing on the newfound knowledge. The stuff that will enable me to really have a wonderful quality of life starting now...And that's still there for you too.

I think that human instinct is all too often preoccupied with focusing on the past. But the past is only helpful in informing us today on how to have a better life for the future, when we look forward.

I can't speak to your medications issues because I don't know enough and I'm not a mental health expert. But I just wanted you to know that you'd been heard tonight.

Sending you positive vibes and support to look forward to a better life now...:)

Retired

I'm also on 250mg. daily of Xanax

Do you mean 0.25 mg daily?

I'm not even sure why I'm on the Lamictal

Were you diagnosed as bi-polar?

when I take the Ritalin, within an hour I feel terribly nauseaus...close to the point of vomiting

How long have you been taking Ritalin, and has the dose been constant all long?

How many times a day do you take it and is it taken 30 to 45 minutes before meals?

Crazy Cat

Steve,
No, I actually take 250 mgs. Xanax a day. The Lamictal was prescribed by a "so-called" psychiatrist who saw me for 5 minutes and told me I was bipolar. However, when I told her my other concerns and problems her answer to me was "Well what do you want me to do about it?" Nice, huh?

So I'm taking the Lamictal because I can't get off of it.

I just started the Ritalin last Thursday and haven't been consistent with my directions. I'm supposed to take a 20mg in the morning and again a 20mg at night. I've basically only been taking 20mg period because of my erratic sleeping schedule.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Jazzey,
Thanks so much for responding. I was going to argue with you but since you asked me nicely not to..... ha ha

Unfortunately, there is no way in hell I see my future getting any better. Only much worse. I just had a melt-down with my husband who has never called me a bad name and he just slammed the kitchen cabinet really hard and called me a bitch. Thing is, I don't even care about that. I'm angry because of money...he owns his own business and brags to everyone how busy he is, yet he never comes home with any money and now has our mortgage mail sent to his office so I can't see it. My name isn't on the mortgage.

This may sound weird but I have a bunch of cats I rescued and if it weren't for them, I'd probably have killed myself or at least tried to by now.

I truly believe it is God's will that I suffer in my horrible life. I don't know why. I just think its what is meant to happen.

Retired

Are you referring to Xanax (alprazolam)? My understanding is:

dose of 0.25 to 0.5 mg given three times daily. The dose may be increased to achieve a maximum therapeutic effect, at intervals of 3 to 4 days, to a maximum daily dose of 4 mg, given in divided doses.

based on the product monograph.

Consider taking the Ritalin 30 to 45 minutes before meals as directed by the manufacturer.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.