More threads by littlepieces

HI I am having quite a lot of difficulty sticking to therapy. I have just got to the stage now that I just want to go back to before I started therapy. I know I cant do this so I suppose my question is should I continue even though I am totally incapable to make therapy work because of my lack of cooperation and motivation :hissyfit:. Or should I carry on as if I stop now it will all seem such a waste, even though I have learned a bit about myself.

The other main issue I have with continuing is a strong feeling I am wasting therapist time and don't need therapy at all and should just pull myself together, I just feel down most of the time but so what other people are so much worse off than me, I really have know right to feel so depressed! Another thing I hate the fact I cant tell my parents I am in therapy.

Sorry for going on just needed to vent a bit!

littlepieces

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Re: Just want to go back.........!

I'm sorry you're struggling with all of this right now LP.:support:

Have you considered maybe taking a little break? maybe a few months to think about all of this?

Also, the first thought I had when I read your post was: have you asked your therapist what his/her impression was about your progress? I have a nasty habit of making assumptions about what my psychologist thinks of me and my progress...I did the same thing during my last session - assumed that I was a lost cause because of something that she asked me to do...

With a bit of back up from it all, I'm able to appreciate that that's my own fear. I don't believe that she thinks this anymore. Rather, my road to recovery may take me a little longer.

What makes you think that you're unmotivated? Uncooperative? Are you? Can you talk about this with your therapist? Find out why you're blocking on this?

As for not being able to tell your parents...I understand. :) But remember, this recovery process is for you. Tough to remember most days, but a good mantra nonetheless...

Hang in there LP :support: and please, come and vent here whenever you need it.

Thanks for your reply J.

Have you considered maybe taking a little break? maybe a few months to think about all of this?

yes have considered a break but if I do would find it very hard to return. Might just be better to stop.

Also, the first thought I had when I read your post was: have you asked your therapist what his/her impression was about your progress? I have a nasty habit of making assumptions about what my psychologist thinks of me and my progress...I did the same thing during my last session - assumed that I was a lost cause because of something that she asked me to do...

About progess, no have never asked what he thinks about my progress, would be difficult to do. Even if he said he thought I was making progesss would be difficult to believe because he hes bound to say that.

With a bit of back up from it all, I'm able to appreciate that that's my own fear. I don't believe that she thinks this anymore. Rather, my road to recovery may take me a little longer.

What makes you think that you're unmotivated? Uncooperative? Are you? Can you talk about this with your therapist? Find out why you're blocking on this?
Sometimes he gives me homework to do and I never do it, half hartedly agree at the time but dont ever do it, but then I suppose he has only tried 3 times. Did see a CBT therpist for a while which really did not work and I know that was because I did not cooperate.
As for not being able to tell your parents...I understand. :) But remember, this recovery process is for you. Tough to remember most days, but a good mantra nonetheless...
Ok thanks Ill try and remember that.

Hang in there LP :support: and please, come and vent here whenever you need it.

Thanks Littlepieces

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazzey

Account Closed

About progess, no have never asked what he thinks about my progress, would be difficult to do. Even if he said he thought I was making progesss would be difficult to believe because he hes bound to say that.

I think it would be a good for you to ask him LP, as hard as it may seem to do right now. Before you make any decision. As for his telling you that you are, try not to assume what he may or may not say to you. I think this may be another form of http://forum.psychlinks.ca/cbt-cogn...y/1451-the-ten-forms-of-twisted-thinking.html.

LP, a little while ago, we talked about medications. Are you currently on any form of medication? (I'm asking because they've helped me make progress in therapy).

:support:

Thanks J,
Yes you are right probably right should ask him....but at this stage really considering not going back at all...might be good to go one last time and just ask? but there is huge part of me that thinks there is no point because I don't feel like I have made any progress so what ever he does say won't really matter much!
I have just scaned though twisted thinking and most of them seem to apply to me, quite shocking really!
Not on medication do remember talking about not wanting or feeling like I need to be on medication as am not that bad! I am glad it helped you make progress in therapy.
littlepieces

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.