More threads by gooblax

I just want to write this out somewhere so I'm less tempted to try to ignore it. This isn't a question or anything... It just is as it is.

I've been getting chest pain when I wake up during the week, which I'm assuming is anxiety-based (I last experienced it to this level a few years ago when I hadn't identified anxiety as a problem for me). I think it's a combination of waking up to my alarm (relatively soft static, but makes a loud click when it starts up), it being dark when I have to get up, barely getting 8 hours sleep, going to bed before digesting dinner properly, and knowing that the day will be spent at my internship. I end up unintentionally sort of holding my breath and clenching my jaw, so I take deep, slow breaths and the pain goes away for awhile until I forget to focus on relaxing, fading over about half an hour.

The minute-button had stopped working on my alarm clock, so I hadn't been able to set it properly and had to settle for 20 mins earlier than I wanted to get up. When it was set properly a few weeks ago, I was waking up a few minutes before it clicked and didn't feel as bad as I have been last/this week. I just tried the minute-button now (while writing this and trying to figure out something to do about it) and it worked, so I've put it at 5:15.

'Tis now time for a quick shower and bed so I can see how the alarm works out tomorrow.

Andy

MVP
Hi gooblax! Sorry to hear your having chest pains. It could be that it is stress and anxiety related for sure. I think if it keeps going on though you should get that checked out by a doctor. Just to be on the safe side. Have you tried to do some relaxation techniques before going to bed? maybe a hot shower or bath as well? I dont know if that would help much but it couldnt hurt to try. Stress can definitely do a number on our mind and bodies!

Anyway, wishing you well, and hope you can figure out whats going on and some techniques to help you at least manage it if you can't alleviate it all together. TC:rolleyes:

Like STP said hun it would not hurt to talk to your doctor about the pain okay get some test done perhaps rather safe then sorry

Thanks everyone.

The good news is that there was no pain this morning, just the nervous feeling. I'll have to try some sort of relaxation technique later tonight and I'll keep it in mind to see a doctor if it becomes a regular occurrence.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.