More threads by Chain Lightning

Andy

MVP
Awesome CL,

I am glad your side effect free. Nothing wrong with that! So your going to increase it slowly and see how your levels are after you get up to three or after the first week of the starting dose?

I am glad you were able to make a decision on which one you wanted to take. Hopefully you won't have any difficulties. :goodjob:

Andy

MVP
:goodjob:Well that's good. Did you talk to him/her about your concerns with your kidney's? And is he going to test you on that as well?
Is this your first time trying mood stabilizers?

Sorry I hope I am not over stepping by asking to many questions. If I am asking questions you don't want to answer just tell me. It's all good. :crazy:

Yeah, I've never tried any mood stabilizers before.

OK...got a problem. This is my 2nd day and I keep having this pain in my abdomen...worse today...didn't pay it much mind yesterday...now its annoying...not excruciating but pretty annoying...esp on my left side. I didn't see that listed as a side effect on the info sheet I got from the pharmacy. My stomach is a little bit bloated too. Anyone else ever had that w/ lithium? Other than that I feel fine just sort of tired.

Andy

MVP
Hi CL,

Everyone obviously gets different side effects In my experience though I did get the stomach pain and as Daniel said it's at the beginning and should go away. If it doesn't, tell your Dr.
You will also get bloating but most of that will go away too. Unless you get an increase then you will get bloating again until you have been at the right dose for a while.
Anytime I get an increase I get pitting edema in my ankles. Make sure your drinking your water. I drink a lot of fluids but never enough water which I should. I think the bloating usually shows up in your stomach and/or ankles and I get it in the face to.
Fun stuff. Don't worry it should all go away. Again if it doesn't let your Dr. know.

I'm glad to hear your feeling alright so far. :goodjob:

Last edited:
Hmmm...I'm not at the full dose yet...I'm supposed to be taking 900mg/day but I'm at 600mg/day. My guts feel weird and bubbly not long after I take one...then a few hours later the pain starts. I'm going to stay @ 600mg until that effect resides some...I guess I should call them...I dunno.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I guess I should call them...I dunno.
I would call everybody :), possibly starting with the pharmacist to get a quick response and then, based on that, see if I need to call my doctor. I don't know what would apply to your situation, but I think there are things that your doctor or pharmacist may be able to suggest besides waiting it out, e.g. smaller doses more often.

Last edited:
I hardly had any abdominal pain today in fact I jumped back into my normal running routine. So tomorrow I am going to try the full dose (3). That didn't take long to start getting better. Cool.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.