More threads by MHealthJo

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Glad you are sleeping well Turtle! On that subject I've sometimes wondered whether I should try prescription sleeping pills, but I've always thought "why bother", since mine is a thoroughly long-term, kinda biologically self-sustaining problem, and I thought sleeping drugs were not for long-term use. Is this still always true, though?

I really need to get around to a sleep study, somewhat of a 'new thing' where I live.

Banned

Banned
Re: What Are You Feeling Today?

I was on my sleeping pills daily for three years which is definitely considered long term. I thought I'd be on them for life but with some trial and error on adjustments to my work schedule and eliminating most of my anxiety I'm doing really well off them. I honestly never thought I'd be able to get off them.

I am also happy to discover my iPad charger still works! It seems that the outlets I was using at the airport weren't working.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Re: What Are You Feeling Today?

Hmmm... that's got me googling again, and what I read suggests to me that Australian doctors are still very cagey about long-term use of most sleep drugs... Maybe when I go to an actual sleep clinic the doctors there might be a bit more avant-garde about my options.

What do you guys think? This is the question I wrestle with. If you have a very longterm, very resistant sleep-wackiness, with a rather disruptive and unpredictable long-term physical limitation also, do you

a) continue trying to wrestle the wackiness and complexity into more normalness, so as to have a "normal job"; or
b) decide at some point to accept it as part of your life, and try to develop some sort of work options that simply fit better with it and are more self-governed?

I'd be interested in others' instincts on this?

Yep, this year gotta do the sleep clinic and also talk to a career counsellor.

(Sorry hope this doesn't hijack the thread too much! If mods prefer to move this bit to a new thread that's cool :) )

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.