More threads by Been there Done that

I know that luvox can cause hositilty but can this drug cause violence? I have harm OCD and have never been violent in my life.

---------- Post Merged at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:54 PM ----------

My psychologist wants to put me on this med and i am anxious about taking it.

---------- Post Merged at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:
I went to Rite Aid pharmacy for the info about Luvox and hostility. I wanted to know if Luvox caused patients to be violent. I am afraid of this med that the doctor prescribed for me.

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:53 PM ----------

anyone else?

Andy

MVP
When it comes to medications, everyone has different experiences and side effects. If this is indeed a "possible" side effect, and you decide to take the medication, be pro active. Make your concerns known to your doctor and keep a close eye on your own experience. Maybe you could also ask some one close to you to also keep a close eye on you as well.

As I said, each person has their own experience and there is no way to know who will or will not experience any certain side effect. I think the best thing to do is discuss it with your doctor and if he/she is just as concerned then maybe you two could look at another option. :)

I was on the generic form of Luvox for a few months and while it didn't help me it did not make me violent. I cried a lot on it.

Banned

Banned
I was on Luvox for about a year. It was a fantastic med for me to help me control my thoughts. I'd love to go back on it but I need more with my bipolar.

The only other comment I'll add, to what others have said, is that problems can occur with certain drug combinations. To determine exactly what caused the problem (or the adverse reaction) can be almost impossible to determine though, if more than one medication is prescribed.

I had serious problems with Luvox. One of those problems included violent (toward myself) and angry verbal outbursts. I was also severely suicidal, lost weight (60 lbs. in less than 2 months), and had a long list of documented neurological and cardiac problems (irregular EEG's, nystagmus in the eyes, Bradycardia in the heart) etc. All these symptoms went away when I got off the long list of medications.

The drug combinations I was prescribed with Luvox included: Luvox and Tegretol, Luvox and Nortriptyline, Luvox and Amitriptyline, Luvox and Tryptophan, and Luvox and Lithium.

Since getting off all these drugs, all my mental health symptoms vanished, I was able to leave the hospital behind once and for all, and I've been symptoms free for over 10 years now. It's sad to think the doctor attributed all these problems as being an Organic disorder... i.e something I was born with.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.