More threads by Mariajern

Mariajern

If you have been subject to at least one potentially traumatic event, then your contribution to this research is invaluable!

The 'Posttraumatic Growth and Sensitivity Study' aims at investigating the role of environmental sensitivity as a personality trait in the propensity for experiencing posttraumatic growth and posttraumatic stress symptoms following traumatic events.

Study participation involves completing an online survey, lasting between 10-20 minutes, depending on your answers. Please click the following link to take part in the study: Posttraumatic Growth and Environmental Sensitivity Study

Your participation is very much appreciated!

By the looks of this study, I'm not traumatized. I was always told I was. Weird. My damage mostly came by being repeatedly told I was mentally ill, drugged heavily, hospitalized repeatedly against my wished, secluded and restrained who-knows-how-many-times, and being constantly made to confess to choosing behaviours to invite the sexual and physical abuse. I quit the survey part way through because I don't want to skew the outcome.

I've read multiple books about trauma and I truly believe I have post-traumatic growth, not post-traumatic stress disorder. However, no one will test me so I have no way of knowing for sure. I just know I have trauma responses and I've learned to live with them. I think to myself, I defy others to endure what I endured and not be overly reactive to certain things.

My life of incarceration ended when my mother died and she could no longer tell my doctors that she thought I was suicidal. I consider it nothing short of a miracle that, when the forced hospitalizations stopped and I managed to fight my way off the medications (chemical soup), my brain woke up, I started to love life, and I moved on.

The only hard part to accept is I have a permanent movement disorder that put me in a wheelchair and I was never able to get a job. Being forced into poverty, when it should never have happened, was pretty traumatizing. So was learning that 4 of my psychiatrists lost their license to practice medicine because they were sexually abusive.

Anyway, life goes on. Sorry I couldn't do this survey.

Mariajern

If you have been subject to at least one potentially traumatic event, then your contribution to this research is invaluable!

The 'Posttraumatic Growth and Sensitivity Study' aims at investigating the role of environmental sensitivity as a personality trait in the propensity for experiencing posttraumatic growth and posttraumatic stress symptoms following traumatic events.

Study participation involves completing an online survey, lasting between 10-20 minutes, depending on your answers. Please click the following link to take part in the study: Posttraumatic Growth and Environmental Sensitivity Study

Your participation is highly appreciated!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.