More threads by HA

HA

On Wed., Oct 25 06, on CBC The Hour show, George did an interview with Margaret Trudeau. Margaret talks candidly about her bipolar illness and is travelling the country talking about her personal experiences with the hopes of educating the public. Below is a link to the video.

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1124

Kudos to Margaret! :goodjob:

Halo

I just wanted to add that I picked up the copy of Moods Magazine today which featured Margaret Trudeau on the cover and contains an indepth interview with her and her struggle with bipolar illness. I haven't read it yet but will let you know how it was when I am done.

Again the website for Moods Magazine is: http://www.moodsmag.com/

Halo

As promised, I read the article that I was referring to above in Moods Magazine and at first it didn't reveal a lot that the mainstream public didn't know but what I did find interesting was that she denied her illness for many years before seeking professional help (despite being diagnosed years ago by a doctor in New York) and how she struggled to begin medication, to stay on medication and also to find the right combination of medication.

Good article and well worth the read in my mind.

just mary

Thanks for the links HeartArt and Nancy. I watched the CBC interview but I have yet to read the article. I also have to say "good job" to Margaret Trudeau, it can be so helpful when others share their stories.

wilkie

I just wanted to add that I picked up the copy of Moods Magazine today which featured Margaret Trudeau on the cover and contains an indepth interview with her and her struggle with bipolar illness. I haven't read it yet but will let you know how it was when I am done.

Again the website for Moods Magazine is: http://www.moodsmag.com/

Have you found that Moods magazine has useful information for helping you understand or treat disorders like bipolar

Halo

Wilkie,

First of all welcome to Psychlinks :welcome:

Second I do pick up a copy of the magazine which is published quarterly and I do find that it has a lot of great articles and information not just about bipolar but about all mood disorders. They touch on all topics including work related issues, relationships, therapists, medications, there is also a section about asking the pharmacists. They normally focus on one person who is a "celebrity" of sorts that has struggled with some sort of mood disorder who tells their story and how they have struggled and then pushed their way through the dark times to get to the point of recovery. Personally for me it gives me hope that if these people can recovery that there is hope for me as well.

Halo

Just to let you know Wilkie that it is usually hard to find as it is not a hugely popular magazine and not a lot of copies are to be had but most of the Chapters stores carry it in the Science section however I have come across one that keeps theirs in the Health and Fitness section. It is published quarterly in January, April, July and October. You can also order it online and have it delivered, if you prefer.

Defintely well worth the read in my opinion. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.