More threads by indigogrl

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Benadryl is an antihistamine primarily used to treat allergies.

Adderall is a medication used to treat ADHD.

The other two - Risperdal and Lexapro - are used to treat depression, bipolar disorder, and/or anxiety, among other things.

So the combination wouldn't be particularly unusual, assuming the patient exhibited the appropriate symptoms.

indigogrl

Well I was told the Benadryl counters the side effects of Risperdal. Thought... to myself thats strange. But anyhow... I'm on all of those.

Thanks!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Oh, that's possible. Exploiting the side-effect some people get from Benadryl to offset the sleepiness you can get from Risperdal.

I was just at the dentist this week and got epinephrine along with the anesthetic. Apparently, this prolongs the freezing. I'd never heard of that before. (It's also my first trip to the dentist since 1996 so there's probably a lot I haven't heard of. :eek:)

Retired

Benadryl counters the side effects of Risperdal

Not according to the Medscape Drug Interaction Checker. However there is potential interaction when Adderall and Lexapro are used together based on the potential interaction between AMPHETAMINES and SSRI'S; SSNRI'S. Amphetamines may affect serotonin release and/or reuptake. Concurrent use of amphetamines with agents that affect serotonin may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.

The interaction concern is moderate and should be evaluated by the prescribing physician based on the dosages involved and medical history.

David Baxter said:
It's also my first trip to the dentist since 1996

Tsk,tsk...At least once a year and preferably every six months, otherwise .......gumming your food...:yikes:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.