More threads by reize

reize

Although my problem in question is not really known to me, it is somewhere between what most would dismiss as the paranormal and psychological problems.

I am currently a 17 year old boy, Im fine,with my grades and usual life as they should be. What affects me is totally behind what everyone knows and is subtle to the point that only i myself have begun to realize it when someone commented i behaved like a "gay".

It all starts out when i was say around 13-14 when i was going through the start of puberty. At that point i seem to have this really strong ability to perform subconscious clairvoyance (not sure if its correct) as in that i seem to be able to often see events of the future for about 1 to 2 minutes in my dreams (this isnt accurate and i only remember certain dreams that have a significant impact on me) and they span anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks ahead of the current time. I usually dismissed this as weird dreams (presuming i can even remember them when i wake up) but i only started noticing that events usually play out just as i have dreamt and i could not dismiss it any longer. i grew older and this kind of things became less frequent and less poweful and i soon forgot it altogether.

But from then on starting from 15 years old,i seem to start behaving like a girl for no apparent reason without myself noticing it. For example a friend of mine would comment that i was a "faggot" because i unknowingly crossed my legs like a female and when i stood up to walk to the bathroom i was swaying my butts (and it was extremely embarrasing when they saw me like that,also i am not a transgendered person) although when they comment on me and i have corrected myself, i start having effeminate ways of moving my body,e.g. propping my head up with the back of my hand instead of my knuckles, crossing my legs thigh to thigh rather than knee/calf to thigh, and all sorts of things. my usual quiet, stay-away-from-me self became talkative and fond of gossip, i started making friends with girls way easier than the guys since i would somehow find something in common with them. i start to refer to myself as one Shalaiin (a girls name) rather than using my real name (i wont put my real name) for no reason. and i also seem to have so many traits of a feminine mindset (including memories ive never participated in) even though when i snap out of it i return to my real self.

I do not know whether this is a sexual phase im going through as a teenager, nor whether my behaviour and my pass experiences as a non-psychic clairvoyant are related, nor do i know whether its paranormal or something science can do. but i have so far not approached anyone about this since it is not easy for others to accept because i am not suffering from any normal psychological problem. most dismiss my idea on clairvoyance as mere delusion.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I suppose anything is possible but, while it is a nice idea, I have serious doubts about anyone's claim to be clairvoyant.

As for the title, I don't have enough information to give you a diagnosis and I think it's fooloish to try to diagnose anyone from a distance but I will say that I think it highly unlikely it has anything to do with multiple personality.

reize

okay,lets take out that part about being a clairvoyant because even i myself dont believe it and i will consult with people in this particular profession. but i have been talking to many people who themselves are transgenders and i find that most of them feel that they have the belief they are women trapped a man's body since the day they were young around the time they are able to start thinking.

as for me,i seem to want to be a man but have this compulsion to act like a girl. and this appeared only around when i was 15 or so. i find women less and less appealing, and find men to be more appealing to me. i have a whole new "side" to me. i have to suppress myself so that my parents dont know what their good "son" is becoming. i start to look at the women's section when i shop for clothes nowadays. i start to get jealous when im around pretty women, and the like.

this is uncommon as in i cannot understand why is it that im so confused about who i am and what i am. i feel like i need someone to just give me an identity knock it into my mind and remove traces of all other persona.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The "clairvoyance" issue is a separate one so let me leave that aside for a moment.

I have been talking to many people who themselves are transgenders and i find that most of them feel that they have the belief they are women trapped a man's body since the day they were young around the time they are able to start thinking.
The idea of being "a woman trapped in a man's body" or "vice versa" does seem to be common in transgenders but I don't know that it is necessarily something the person is aware of (or admits, acjnowledges) from childhood. However, I am assuming from what you write that this is not a transgender issue. It seems more like a description of men who are cross-dressers or possibly bisexual or homosexual -- do remember please that this is not a diagnosis of you but a discussion of the type of symptoms, feelings, behaviors, and history you describe.

as for me,i seem to want to be a man but have this compulsion to act like a girl.
This is an almost perfect description of a cross-dresser: someone whose identity is that of a male and who is usually hetersosexual in orientation but may envy the fact that out society gives women permission to feel and express certain "weak emotions" like sadness, anxiety, nervousness, etc., and who perceives that our society allows women a greater range of clothing and fashion and makeup to enhance their appearance (and self-image).

and this appeared only around when i was 15 or so. i find women less and less appealing, and find men to be more appealing to me.
However, if by "find men to be more appealing" you mean you are romantically or sexually attracted to men and less so to women, this begins to sound more like a sexual orientation issue. However, please be reminded I am discussing what you describe in these posts -- it is NOT a diagnosis and NOT the only explanation of the (incomplete) history and information you have provided. In particular, it may be more a social-interpersonal issue or an identity issue than a sexual one per se.

this is uncommon as in i cannot understand why is it that im so confused about who i am and what i am. i feel like i need someone to just give me an identity knock it into my mind and remove traces of all other persona.
That is neither surprising nor uncommon. You are 17. Your personality and values and views about yourself, life, and the universe are still in flux, still evolving. Most people your age are still trying to figure out who they are, what life is all about, and where they fit in. Indeed, for many people, this will continue for many years after adolescence.

Suzette

Hi Reize,

I am wondering... can you share your feelings about this with someone you trust?

I do not really remember how I was when I was about your age but like David said:

Your personality and values and views about yourself, life, and the universe are still in flux, still evolving.

I am asking this since you wrote that you don't want your parents to notice any of this and I can imagine this is all very confusing.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.