More threads by ajg

ajg

I have been making up things to be wrong with me. I induce these Ideas and I get really sick - end up in hospital, I have been diagnosed with BPD. I want to stop this behavior but I have been doing it since I was 9. My biggest problem is the lying about all these things that are wrong me but in all actually I am really fine. I do it for the attention of others
am I alone out here? ajg

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Not at all.

This is one of the so-called Factitious Disorders in DSM-IV.

For more information, see:

Factitious Disorders, Munchausen & Munchausen by Proxy Page
Comprehensive site dealing with factitious disorders, Munchausen syndrome, Munchausen by proxy, and malingering--conditions in which people falsify illness.
www.munchausen.com

MUNCHAUSEN SYNDROME BY PROXY
A slide show from the University of Iowa Physician Assistant Program.
www.medicine.uiowa.edu/ pa/sresrch/Huynh/Huynh/sld001.htm

eMedicine - Munchausen Syndrome : Article by William Ernoehazy, Jr ...
Munchausen Syndrome - Factitious illnesses are unique difficulties for physicians. Patients who present with overt demonstrable symptoms but prove to have a ...
www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic322.htm

Munchausen by Internet: Faking Illness Online
Munchausen by Internet, where people are faking illness online happens in many health support groups. Here's how to spot these fakers.
www.healthyplace.com/site/article_faking_2.asp

Chronic Illness: Munchausen by Internet: Faking Illness Online
Based on experience with two dozen cases of Munchausen by Internet, ...
When Munchausen by Internet seems likely, it is best to have a small number of ...
www.selfhelpmagazine.com/articles/chronic/faking.html

Munchausen Syndrome and Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy, a factsheet ...
Munchausen Syndrome and Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy, a factsheet from the Mental Health Foundation.
www.mentalhealth.org.uk/page.cfm?pagecode=PMAMMU

Munchausen syndrome - MayoClinic.com
Munchausen syndrome, also called factitious disorder, is a serious condition in which a person tries to appear sick or hurt in order to get attention.
www.mayoclinic.com/health/munchausen-syndrome/AN00327

Factitious Disorder - Munchausen Syndrome
Factitious Disorders, Munchausen Syndrome major links to information, areas of information, research and academic interest.
www.psychnet-uk.com/clinical_psychology/ clinical_psychology_factitious_disorder1.htm

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.