More threads by bigben70

bigben70

Hi gang:

My psychiatrist has me on the following:

Gabapentin 3 x 300mg daily for anxiety
Imipramine 20mg once daily for panic
Lamotrigine 150mg daily as a mood stabilizer.

I am also on 80mg Micardis once daily for blood pressure.

After my recent panic attacks (and Ativan use) during a trip, she doubled my gabapentin to 2 x 600mg and increased imipramine to 30mg (then 40mg in two weeks).

So I increased the Gabapentin and Imipramine last night - and I got a few powerful full body twitches. My brain felt like it had strange "pins and needles" (less prickly than regular pins and needles but many more of them if that makes any sense at all). I then had a panic attack where my heart rate went to 150bpm. Normally I don't exceed 120 or 125 when I panic. I called an ambulance and went to hospital. They chalked it up to reacting to side effects.

QUESTION: Is anyone else on any of these drugs and can comment on their effectiveness (and side effects) for their prescribed usage?

I just want to hear from the actual users of these meds and not the doctors saying "Oh, these are really well tolerated and so easy to take - they just work with hardly any side effects." The side effects listed on the web seem like quite a long list, and there ARE drug interacations (moderate: CNS suppresant effects)

Thanks to all those who chime in!

Cheers,
-Big Ben

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.