More threads by making_art

making_art

Is Neil Young really performing in Omemee in December?
By Bruce Head, Kawarthanow.com
Published November 21, 2017 | Updated November 25, 2017

Canadian-born music icon Neil Young will be performing a 90-minute live streaming concert on Friday, December 1st — and there are rumours it may take place in his childhood hometown of Omemee.

According to Billboard, the concert called “Somewhere In Canada” will take place at a venue with a capacity of about 200. Reportedly, there are holds on a number of venues across Canada.

Update – November 25, 2017 Young teases secret location

The concert coincides with the December 1st release of Young’s latest record The Visitor, as well as the opening of the Neil Young Archives — a comprehensive chronological collection of Young’s entire catalog of recorded music, films, videos and books, with free audio streaming (at least initially).

So why the speculation the concert will take place in Omemee? On his Facebook page on November 11th, Young — who now lives in northern California — wrote:

“December 1st will be a big day for me. The Visitor will be coming to your town. I will be going to my town. You will be able to hear me and see me. My archive will open on that same day, a place you can visit and experience every song I have ever released in the highest quality your machine will allow. It’s the way it’s supposed to be. In the beginning, everything is free.”

Yes he is playing in Omemee someone i bumped into said they were setting everything up and there was so much musical gear. He saw him actually in Omemee just this week.

It was an elderly gentlemen i don't know how he knew me from past but he said it was a closed gig i guess you need an invitation to get in. You meet strangest people at the mall sometimes that is twice now someone has come over and said they knew me from my past.

It is a closed gig you need an invitation to go the man said.

making_art

Invitation only makes sense....the little town will be swarmed with people I imagine. But the taped version will be more comfortable to watch anyway. No crowds. Watch at your convenience in your lounge wear.....it's all quite exciting.

It's really weird when you see people from when you were a kid and they still look the same.....just a much older version.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.