More threads by David Baxter PhD

"Thanks" vs. "Likes" - What would you prefer?

• Keep both Thanks and Likes with separate statistics

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Keep Likes. Merge previous Thanks into Likes. Then remove Thanks

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Keep Thanks and Remove Likes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Don't Know or No Preference

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Retired

I've changed my opinion since this discussion first began, having seen how the two features are used. Thanks and Like perform two distinct functions and are not necessarily interchangeable. Sometimes I just want to let a person know I like what they said, while at other times, a Thank you is all that is needed.

My conclusion now, is Keep'em both!

:2thumbs:

really glad both features were kept..

I have a question though regarding the deletion of the history of likes. Not sure if that is the correct wording here. Bit like I can delete old posts in my inbox or let the automatic deletion occur after a certain number of posts have been reached. How do I or even can I delete the long "history" list of likes.

Not to be taken up the wrong way... I have nothing at all against receiving or giving likes. :D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I have a question though regarding the deletion of the history of likes. Not sure if that is the correct wording here. Bit like I can delete old posts in my inbox or let the automatic deletion occur after a certain number of posts have been reached. How do I or even can I delete the long "history" list of likes.

Answer from the developer of the Likes feature:

No, nothing like this is supported. They will paginate after a bit.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.