More threads by Deuce

Deuce

First, I would like to say hello. I am new to this forum having registered earlier today.

I have an anxiety problem that I'm addressing with a counselor and a doctor who has me on Buspirone. I relocated to a new area last August after having lived in my previous community all my life. This is not the cause of my anxiety, but having to adjust to new surroundings does seem to add a little more weight to things.

ThatLady

Welcome to the forums, Deuce. Moving to a new area is certainly stressful, as is leaving behind your friends and all that is familiar. I can imagine this would cause a rise in your anxiety levels.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Oh, I see. Well, that at least means you're not trying to change therapists at the same time. How long have you beent aking the Buspar, then, and how is it working for you?

Deuce

David Baxter said:
Oh, I see. Well, that at least means you're not trying to change therapists at the same time. How long have you beent aking the Buspar, then, and how is it working for you?

I haven't noticed any difference, but have only been taking it for just under a month.

Deuce

David Baxter said:
What type or form of anxiety do you struggle with? What (besides moving) triggers it?

David, I have anxieties about situations in which I feel things may go wrong, to sum it up in short.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Deuce said:
I have anxieties about situations in which I feel things may go wrong, to sum it up in short.

What I'm trying to get you to do is to STOP summing it up in short and provide some more details. Apart from the fact that you suffer from anxiety, I can't tell anything about you from what you've posted so far.

For example, what does "I feel things may go wrong" mean? Do you have panic attacks? Overwhelming feelings of impending doom or catastrophe? Agoraphobia? Are there times when you DON'T feel anxious? Places where you feel safe? etc., etc.

Rosa

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the boards. I'm sure its hard leaving your familiar setting from before but I'm glad you've found the boards as there can be alot of support here if you want it.
Take care
Rosa

Holly

Hi Deuce,
Welcome, good luck in the new journey.
I remember feeling anxious about new situations/places. Once I felt more settled in my new environment it really help me.
I remember riding the city bus around, so I would know the area better,
I did not want to drive feeling anxious.
It was very interesting, I learned so much, which helped living in a new area.
I wanted to wish you all the best. Take care :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.