More threads by making_art

making_art

Anyone have this tablet? Is it worth the risk buying? A lot of the reviews I have read talk about many glitches that are not fixed by Google.

Retired

I bought a Asus TF700T Android 10" tablet and am very pleased with it. It's called a Transformer because it can be purchased with an optional keyboard that contains an additional battery for longer usage life. Also has USB, HDMI and headphone/microphone connectivity as well as capability to add an SD card PLUS a micro SD card.

The flexibility and power of the Asus TF700T is hard to beat, in my opinion.

Check the reviews to compare. If you'd like more details, let me know.

Retired

On the Transformer, I can insert a micro SD card into the tablet, AND if I need to, I can insert a standard SD card into the keyboard dock as well. Plus I could connect a flash drive or a hard drive into the USB connection in the keyboard dock. If you don't get a keyboard dock, there is an adapter you insert into the 40 pin power connector of the tablet, into which you can connect a USB device.

The connectivity as well as the performance of the Asus is what persuaded me, and I have had occasion to use multiple connections, especially when travelling where I wanted to move pictures from the SD card of my camera to a flash drive backup through the tablet.

The only thing you cannot connect to an Android device is a USB printer, because there are no Android printer drivers, but you get around that by using Google Print to print through your PC which is connected to your printer.

Additionally WiFi file transfers between PC and an Android device (both ways) are easy because there are apps for that.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.