More threads by Banned

Just stumbled on this thread. About 5 or 6 years ago I started having night time anxiety. I began taking Klonopin to help me fall asleep, but when it wore off I would wake up. Waking and not being able to go back to sleep induced more anxiety. I weaned myself off Klonopin and started reading and listening to music. That helped but in the last month the night time anxiety has come back. It's as if I am afraid to sleep because my body jerks (which startles me) as I drop into sleep. It just compounds from there.

I actually think long term use of Benzodiazepines made it worse for me but when I get into a cycle of not sleeping due to anxiety I will use it every other night to break that cycle. Almost always a few sleepless nights are followed by a couple of nights of deep restful sleep. Hasn't happened this time yet, but I know it will.

I just have to remember to practice good sleep hygiene and to not beat myself up if I have a few bad nights once in awhile.

PrincessX

Account Closed
Interesting Thread. I do not know if I have anxiety at night. I "like" to wake up at 3-4 am and think while in bed. It just feels quiet and I can focus on my thoughts and pay some attention to my emotions too. I can even secretly cry without worrying that someone might see me. That is usually when I have things to think about or feel indecisive about. Sometimes it actually helps me to feel "free" of these emotions during the day or to speed up decisions. I mean, I have resolved some problems some of these nights. It is not the best thing to do if you have to get up early though. I can kind of control the habit or at least I like to believe so. It just feels that days are too busy and noisy to pay attention to the things that matter.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.