More threads by texasgirl

Just wanted to check in with everyone. The past 10 days since the hurricane hit has been so hard. Every night I have (and others in my family) horrible nightmares, some about swimming in the storm surge saving already dead people, about trying to hold up our house that fell in, sifting through toys that were destroyed, dreaming that our stuff was in 30 different houses, etc. I can't sleep very well and I wake up feeling like I have been run over by a truck. I am so tired and sad. Everything is overwhelming.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Thanks for checking in. I hope you feel better sooner than later.

BTW, from a state-government list of Hurricane Ike resources:
Crisis Counseling and Stress Management:
Crisis counseling and assistance with stress management are available statewide to anyone affected by Hurricane Ike. People may call 2-1-1 to get a crisis hotline number or to find stress management, crisis counseling, substance abuse and spiritual assistance in their community. Help also is available by calling the designated mental health/mental retardation (MHMR) center (see list below), at shelters, at local points of dispensing (PODs) and at Disaster Recovery Centers. Services, available in English and Spanish statewide, include outreach and referral to other disaster assistance groups and organizations.

The following mental health/mental retardation centers provide crisis services for affected counties:

* ACCESS MHMR Center: Anderson and Cherokee counties; 1-800-621-1693.
* Brazos Valley MHMR Center: Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Robertson and Washington counties; 1-888-522-8262.
* The Burke Center: Angelina, San Augustine, Houston, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Newton, Polk, Sabine, San Jacinto and Shelby counties; 1-800-392-8343.
* Gulf Coast MHMR Center: Brazoria and Galveston counties; 1-866-729-3848.
* Harris County MHMR Center: Harris County; (713) 970-7070.
* Spindletop MHMR Center: Hardin, Jefferson, Chambers and Orange counties; 1-800-937-8097.
* Texana MHMR Center: Austin, Colorado, Fort Bend, Matagorda, Waller and Wharton counties; 1-800-633-5686.
* Tri-County MHMR Center: Liberty, Montgomery and Walker counties; 1-800-659-6994.

Hurricane Ike Resources - TCDD

thank you both. I will look into the counseling Daniel. We are trying to focus on the work of cleaning up right now which does help even though it's very sad. And it's the not knowing for those of us in the family that are not yet allowed to go back to see what's left that is hard as well.

again, thank you.

TG

Halo

My thoughts are also with you TG and I know that you will get through this....my heart and hope are with you :heart:

Take care
:hug: :hug:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.