More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The move to the new server necessitated changing IP adresses for Psychlinks.

Unfortunately, I have been getting bouncebacks from Hotmail accounts indicating that the main IP address for the new server was on a "spam" list due to one or more sites previously associated with that IP address.

I have been in communication with Microsoft to resolve this issue. Here is their reply:

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.

Mitigated
129.121.178.215; 65.75.129.246; 65.75.129.252; 65.75.130.57; 65.75.130.80; 65.75.130.83

The reported deliverability problem has been mitigated by the automated system. Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system. Please note that mitigating this issue does not guarantee that your email will be delivered to a user’s inbox.

I know! Your first thought was, "Couldn't they find a way to say that in English?", right? :panic:

But basically they have verified that Psychlinks is not blacklisted and that they have removed us from the blacklist but it may take another 24-48 hours before all emails from Psychlinks are delivered normally.

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

this is last msg i got this morning but yet again now i am able to get on

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yes, earlier there was a configuration error. Tracked that down and now trying to find out why it changed to prevent it happening again.

AmZ

Concerning notifications via Gmail... I hadn't brought it up but my notifications have been messed up for a long time. In the last couple of months I've been on the forum exclusively on my iPhone. When I post, it automatically adds a subscription for that thread. I always receive the first notification (of first post) but after that, 80% of the time I don't receive notification emails.

Wonder if you could look in to this for me and all Gmail users?

Thanks.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Concerning notifications via Gmail... I hadn't brought it up but my notifications have been messed up for a long time. In the last couple of months I've been on the forum exclusively on my iPhone. When I post, it automatically adds a subscription for that thread. I always receive the first notification (of first post) but after that, 80% of the time I don't receive notification emails.

Wonder if you could look in to this for me and all Gmail users?

Thanks.

This is not a Gmail-specific issue.

1. Make sure that you add forum@psychlinks.ca to your contacts or white list.

2. You must have cookies set/allowed for your browser. The forum software sends out a notification for a reply to a subscribed thread and then usually will not send out another until you visit the thread. It keeps track of this in part through the use of cookies .

3. Are you using Forum Runner?

AmZ

Thanks for info.

will add to my white/contacts list

Pretty sure I have cookies set on my iPhone.

Not using forum runner. I just access the forum via safari on my iPhone.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.