More threads by Thelostchild

My husband calls me 4-5 times a day.... God how annoying. Then he comes home and looks at the house and observes everything to make sure no other man has came into the house which there hasn't been. and then he askes me all these inscure questions like do you love me, am I your only one, you don't want to be with anyone else,you have been faithfull to me today. I getting to the point to where its driving me crazy. I cant handle all of his insecurities. He thinks im sinsitive when he askes me those questions and Im not im just getting tired of it and all hes doing is pushing me away. I don't know what to do.:hissyfit:

Re: obsessive husbands

Hi Thelostchild,
there are perhaps several ways to handle this , the first is , talk to him about his insecurities and how they are intruding into your life as a couple , for instance , there are three of you living in the same house , you , your husband and your husbands insecurities .

negotiate with him , that he call you only twice a day instead of four , suggest that you see a marital counsellor together , so that he can learn coping techniques for his insecurities .

And try to keep it light , Okay he needs to be told he is loved , so tell him before he asks . when he comes home , give him that big welcome he is needing and expecting , together you can make life fun and enjoyable.

all the best wp

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
suggest that you see a marital counsellor together

I think you both really need to do this - you need it to try to find a way to cope with and resolve his behavior and he needs it to try to identify why he is feeling so insecure and has such an extreme need for reassurance.

amastie

You need support TLC, and your husband needs help. His fears will more likely to be realized, he is pushing you away with his behaviour. A counsellor, especially who specializes in couples therapy could help a lot.
My thoughts are going to you :support:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.