More threads by gaurdianAQ

I was just thinking the other day, I don't fit into the normal OCD/Tourettes Spectrum

At least that's what I've been told

Like in all these OCD books, and other books (I've been looking at Talking Back to OCD and Tigers Too) they all talk about there being a reason behind a compulsion, so like hand washing its if you don't wash your hands then you are going to get sick and get those around you sick, this in it self is illogical, but because of there OCD they can't see the error in their logic.

Me my compulsions are thoughts, and touching food to my head, and licking things (trying to get over them) but I don't have a reason behind any of my OCD things, I can see the error of my OCD's logic yet at times I feel powerless to resist. There is no reason behind why I should do it, just that I should.

If I focus on it I can resist an OCD/Tourette urge... so is this uncommon or do you know lots of other people with this kind of OCD?

I don't know what you would call it, as of recent I haven't had any OCD with a reason behind it, the last one was I was obsessing about how everyone else was graduating this year and I was behind, and even during the whole time I was obsessing I could see the error in my logic. It drove me crazy because everyone would tell me what I already knew, that I was behind, and that there was no point obsessing over it as that's not going to make it any better, I would just have to work and move on, even I could tell that to myself but while I knew the proper way to deal with it I felt powerless to my OCD.

Another thing that was pointed out to me when I was younger, was that I had issues with anxiety in a classroom, but they couldn't put me in a special ed room as I was to smart for the work there.

So what I'm getting at is I was wondering if this is common, uncommon and who else is like this. Also if you are how do you deal with your little quirks/obessions?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.