More threads by Ashley-Kate

todayi had a family app. at my treatment center and my mom is pulling me uout of the treatment cuz it is to hard for her to come evr week and see me in family therapie i don't feel ready at all but i have not much choice considering i have no were o stay anymore ... i will be going back home my mom and the hospital that i am at are doing everyhting in there power to see what they can do to help and i will be in a lot of structure when i get home most likely but i am scared they wanted to keep me for like a couple more months but they can't do to the surcomstances (they= hospital ) so i am going home bt i am scared to death i told mymom she tried to compfort me but it just does not seem to work please anybody help
ashley

Diana

Is it 100% necessary to take part in the family therapy? Perhaps if you could stay a couple of more months and then find some kind of therapy close to your mom's home where you could go together? Keep your communication open with your mom so that she knows exactly how you feel. I wish I had more suggestions for you.

the thing is the decsion is made already .. there will be no more therapie before i leave the programme si i am going home on friday! i ama bit nervous but i am encouraging myself the most i can reminding myself that i will have the support of my friends and familly and a dietition and a nerse an a social worker and a psychologist sure it will not be daily like atthe programme but it will be there.. I am probably goignto get myself a joba soon as i get home and i am going to start over taking kick-boxing classes after school. to keep busy and all i am going ot try and put as much structure in my life as humanly possible everything will be organised . I am just so scared ,... wht more can i do.. i can't evn eat my meals with my firend yet because i know i just won't at them all and i will start restricting myslef more and more.. i was thinking maybe someone that works at the school could like a nerse or whatever but i don't know
ashley

Heather

Oh Ash,

I am so sorry to hear it, I dunno what to say, but I am thinking about you, and am here to listen.

Heather...

Eunoia

sorry to hear that for now things didn't work out exactly the way that they were supposed to... but I guess you did get a lot out of the time you were at the treatment centre, right??? it is weird though that you can't stay just b/c your mom can't make it to family sessions... I think it'll be good that you have a support system set up once you get back home... it'll be really helpful not to be all on your own once your back- use these people to help you get better, ok??? if you feel like a nurse at school (eating wise I guess?) would help, ask about it.... don't feel pressured to do too much at once, and if you're not comfortable in a situation and think you might ie. restrict, get yourself away from that situation. keep strong Ash!!

Diana

I didn't realize all the support you'll be getting at home. Use these to your advantage. Hey, kick boxing! Use that to encourage yourself to gain strength. But, yes one or two things at a time. Relax and work through it. Good luck!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.