More threads by Been there Done that

I take clonapapen as needed. I have panic attacks about once a week. Can I take clonozapen.5 mg. as needed every four days without getting addicted. (I have researched about klonopin withdraw symptoms such as vomiting-I am emetophobic) I don't want to get addicted to clonozapen.

---------- Post Merged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:52 PM ----------

My therapist told me to challenge my OCD thoughts(I definitely have OCD). How woould you reccomend me "nipping it in the bud?"

Retired

Can I take clonozapen.5 mg. as needed every four days without getting addicted.

Of course you would want to confirm this with your own doctor, but from my understanding of benzodiazepines, the dose and frequency of your "as needed" use is not likely to result in addiction.

People who become addicted to benzodiazepines are usually those who take extraordinarily high doses daily or even many times a day.

If your doctor prescribed 0.5 mg clonazepam as needed and you're using it every four days, I believe you can feel comfortable in allowing the medication to relieve your symptoms of panic and allow yourself to focus on some form of relaxation strategy to regain control of your environment.

My doctor said this would be okay as well. I am obsessed with the idea of losing control of myself(thus OCD diagnosis)A way of losing control would be to get addicted to drugs. But it has been 25 days before yesterday when I took my last clonazepam so I will trust your judgement and the judgement of my doctor. I won't ask anymore about this. I guess that is called asking for reassurance.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.