More threads by Been there Done that

I am taking Risperidone 8 mg every day, along with venlafaxine (150 mg), Lamotigrine (200 mg), Saphris (5 mg), and Buspirone (30mg).

My doctor at first said that I could take an extra risperidone 4mg. for the following reasons: mania or hypomania, or hearing voices.
Also he said that I could take a Risperidone 4 mg for panic attacks then he changed his mind. I would never take anything without his approval.

Is risperidone also prescribed for panic attacks?

I have been diagnosed with OCD, PTSD, schizoaffective disorder and traits of BPD.

I take a clonazepam as needed for panic attacks but can I also take 4mg. of risperidone for panic attacks?:confused:

Also doesn't this risperidone cause difficulty concentrating or also disturbance of attention?

Mari

MVP
For me I would ask my doctor and the pharmacist and if I was still confused I would go back to my doctor and ask again.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The fact that your doctor at one point suggested you could increase the dose in the event of a panic attack doesn't mean that it's generally prescribed for panic disorder. Some of the new atypical antipsychotics do have a calming or even sedating effect depending on the dose.

As Mari said, you should ask your doctor for clarification.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.