More threads by jennygmg

jennygmg

I have a son that is in grade 3 and is having issues in his school. We have a great medical team supporting us and we have been advocating since September for a I.P.P. He has been diagnosed with Tourette's Plus.

I am looking for anyone who can send me a copy (Names deleted) out of a social/behavioural Personalized Program for a child with Tourette's, anxiety, OCD, ADHD.

Any input for a Personalized Program regarding the above issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!!

Retired

Helo Jenny and welcome to Psychlinks. I too have a Tourette diagnosis, though I am not familiar with a social/behavioural Personalized Program consists of. Would you elaborate on what you are looking for so we can try to help?

Has the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada been of help in this regard, or in providing you with necessary resources where you live?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I believe she is seeking a template for the equivalent of an Independent Educational Plan (IEP), which specifies needed additional resources or accomodations within the public school system for a child with various disabilities or conditions. Typically, these are negotiated with the teachers in the child's school, often with the assistance of a physician or psychologist.

jennygmg

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. A personalized program has different names depending on what province you are in. In Nova Scotia it is a I.P.P. We have a TS psychiatrist and psychologist that has been advocating for a I.P.P. for our son and are TOP names for our area. We are looking for an example of a I.P.P. for a child with Tourette's as it is quite obvious from our past 6 meetings the school administration does not understand All of his difficulties. Our psychiatrist has said that our son is a unique case and it is very complex.

If anyone has a template for us to take a look at that would be much appreciated as the administration of the school board that are working with this has never done a I.P.P. for someone with Tourette's.

Thanks so much!

jennygmg

Steve,

I am involved in the TS Chapter in NS and have not met any child yet on a I.P.P. :( I am also asking the foundation for help but not sure if anyone has information as I have just re-posted.

Thanks for any help :)

Retired

Jenny,

I wish I could help, but I am not familiar with the service you need, unfortunately. I am glad to hear there is an active chapter in Nova Scotia as adequate support has been lacking for a number of years. Feel free to invite your Chapter members to join us here at Psychlinks where our volunteer staff tries to respond and provide whatever support we can, usually within hours of a member's post.

Please keep us up posted on developments.

Hi,

Have you ever heard of The HANDLE Approach? They had great successes with Tourette's and this therapy has very recently come available in Nova Scotia.There will be a community info session organized by the Sackville Tourette's support group on May the 5th at 7pm.
I had a child diagnosed with an Anxiety disorder and after years of trying therapies, HANDLE helped us conquer it. Really worth to look into.
They have a section on Tourette's on their web page.

Hope this helps.

I have a son that is in grade 3 and is having issues in his school. We have a great medical team supporting us and we have been advocating since September for a I.P.P. He has been diagnosed with Tourette's Plus.

I am looking for anyone who can send me a copy (Names deleted) out of a social/behavioural Personalized Program for a child with Tourette's, anxiety, OCD, ADHD.

Any input for a Personalized Program regarding the above issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!!

Retired

Welcome Nancy and thank you for providing Jenny a resource to investigate. Hope you will join in further discussions on Psychlinks.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.