More threads by Cat Dancer

ThatLady

I think we forget that love given does not accrue debt. We love because we are human and made to love. That love is what begets our giving. We don't give anything in love for the purpose of getting something back. We get something back from the pure joy of being able to help someone for whom we care deeply. Never, never, never do we owe anything to someone who gives to us out of love. They've already received their gift.

Think about the times you've been able to help someone you love. Did you want something in return? Heck, no! You were just pleased silly that you were able to help, eh? :)

Very true.:)
I'm not giving my sisiter much credit I think. I'm sure she doesn't feel I owe her anything.
That comes from inside me, that feeling.

ThatLady

Feelings of obligation to loved ones do, indeed, come from inside us, Janet. The loved ones almost never feel we owe them anything. I think the trick is to always remember, when the feelings of obligation start to raise their ugly heads, turn it around. How would you feel if the situation were reversed. You can bet your bottom dollar that's exactly how your loved one feels. :)

foghlaim

thinking of u Janet. i agree with Holly's suggestion also, ring and ask your sis, then you'll know what to do. hope u feel better soon.

nsa

I still have this pain so much. It seems most of the time it is there. I wonder if it is this pain that I am trying to escape from when I self-injure. I wonder if it is actually anxiety. I am not sure what the difference is between emotional pain and anxiety.

I'm just really struggling a lot with this lately. I am trying to work on some techniques to ease this feeling in my throat and chest of pain. One thing that seems to help is to focus on my breathing and breathing more slowly and deeply. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Anti-anxiety medication seems to help, but I am so afraid of becoming addicted to it that I am afraid to take it. I want to figure out how to make this pain stop without being self-destructive. I want to write about it, but who would read it? Or would it even matter if anyone did read it? I'm worried I'm just stuck hurting and hurting. :(

ThatLady

Take the anti-anxiety medication, Janet! Dont' be afraid of it. We don't become addicted to medications that we need! That's the nurse in me speaking, so please pay heed. I've been taking medication for anxiety for years, and I am not addicted to it. There are times when I don't take it for weeks, even months. Yet, I don't hesitate to use it when I need it. Please, do the same. It's important.

As for the pain in your throat and chest, I've got a feeling that part of it might be indigestion brought on by anxiety. Try taking some Pepcid or Zantac. Pepcid has a great chewable form that works very quickly. You might find that will give you some relief, as well. Indigestion is often associated with anxiety.

I've thought about that and I had plenty of indigestion when I was pregnant, but it isn't the same feeling. I don't know. It's like how you feel when someone dies, that pain inside. I don't know how to explain it. Or maybe it is something physical. I do struggle with not eating at times or making myself throw up. It could be damage from that. Maybe I will try some Pepcid. I did take that when I was pregnant. It couldn't hurt anything.

ThatLady

No, it can't hurt anything and it just might help. Indigestion of pregnancy often doesn't feel the same as indigestion when we're not pregnant. It's worth a try. :)

IT's just that feeling like you want to cry so much, but you can't cry. :( Like tears are stuck inside and pain. Like it's too much pain and it can't come out any single way. I'm hoping I can sleep it off tonight. Sometimes that helps.

Thank you. :)

ThatLady

You're welcome! I hope you get a good night's sleep. What the heck, if you need to cry just go ahead and cry. A good cry can be very freeing. :hug:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.