More threads by Hunter

Hunter

Whenever my exes would start drinking I knew that I would get beaten up. It was a given. Even the sight of beer bottles scares me.
So tonight hubby stayed home and he bought a 6 pack of beer. I started arguing with him before we even picked it up. Then when he started drinking I became enraged and started calling him names accusing him of being a drunk. So totally wrong and uncalled for.
The sight of him and drinking was a triggers happening 25 years later. I am so upset with myself for acting this way.

Sorry you were triggered Hunter did you talk to your husband about how this caused fear in you. What was his reaction did he become aggressive angry hard when others do not understand. When this happens are you able to go somewhere to get away from the triggers. Hope you are feeling more safe let us know how you are doing ok.

Hunter

He couldn't understand why I was doing that. And he said you are mad and upset with me for nothing I did wrong. He said I'm not your exes. He drank 6 beer and went to bed. It just angers me that I am being triggered and angry that I yelled at him and treated him like a drunk.

- - - Updated - - -

We talked about it. I explained about my past. He says I'm not that person. Just angry that the triggers are still haunting me after all these years. I apologized and it's all good now.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.