More threads by Peanut

Peanut

It would be cool if you had a folder for the growing field of positive psychology! I don't know that much about it, but I have heard sound really awesome. For example, one person told me an exercise they taught in the positive psych class at school was to write 3 good things that happened to you each day before you go to bed. Don't analyze them or read into them, just write them down. It's a small thing but apparently it has a positive effect for quite a few people. I'm planning on trying it as soon as I stop ruminating about the things I have to do tomorrow (haha). Anyway, there's tons more stuff about positive psychology and I think it would be a cool folder to have. I would even venture to write the psychologist's name associated with it but I'm scared I would mess it up horribly...the person associated with "Flow"...Ok here I go...Csikszentmihalyi...whew...what a name! I think it's pronounced "Chicks sent me high" or so it's joked.

Anyway, just a suggestion/request!

Mari

MVP
Three good things? 1 - the rabbits are eating the grass. 2 - a swan on the lake was followed by sixty geese. 3 - I am trying not to count everything. :heart: Mari

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm pretty sure (but maybe not positive) that posts about positive psychology would be appropriate for the existing forums Therapy and Therapists or General Psychology.

In general, my policy is not to spawn new categories or forums or subforums until there are sufficient posts on a topic to justify creating it.

HA

One vote for Arose's suggestion of a postive psychology sub thread/place/spot.
:heart:

Peanut

Those are great Mari! You've inspired me to do mine tonight too. I did a workshop for kids tonight and I heard three kids tell their parents they wanted to come back tomorrow so those are my three things today!:heart::heart:

Thanks for the vote Heartart...maybe I will set up a poll!!

I checked out that link Daniel! It's so funny how people with inspirational ideas can come off a little dry in person/on video! It reassuring for us mortal folks....:)

Wait!! I don't know how to set up a poll!!!!!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Thanks for the vote Heartart...maybe I will set up a poll!! ... Wait!! I don't know how to set up a poll!!!!!

It wouldn't help anyway. I was serious above. Both from a user perspective and from a search engine perspective, having a lot of categories or forums with very few posts is a bad idea.

If you want more threads about positive psychology, post more articles and discussions about it - we have a few already in Therapy and Therapists or General Psychology.

When there are enough threads to justify splitting off a new forum or subforum, that will happen.

Peanut

Oh I know! I was just kidding (about the poll)! I don't know very much about positive psychology. I could just really use it sometimes! If I had good stuff I would psot it, but I don't really have anything, I was hoping other people did!

Last edited:

Peanut

Hey guys, I saw two Positive Psychology posts about Csikszentmihalyi from Heartart (thank you so much:heart:)...I was in the middle of reading the second one last night and now I can't find them for the life of me. Does anyone know where they went?:confused:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.