More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
I am curious why my post count is suddenly so high.Unless I am mistaken,before moving to a new server my amount of posts was one thousand and something(don't remember the exact number), now it's over three thousand.The amount of thanks and likes are higher too.

Am I wrong about this and maybe in the twilight zone or something today?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
No you're not wrong.

In checking everything on the new server, I noticed that posts in the Just Chat and Just For Fun threads were not being counted.

That was a throwback to the early days when we used post counts as a (npot very effective) way of discouraging spammers. We no longer do that since we now have more effective anti-spam measures.

I therefore re-enabled post counts for those forums and recalculated post statistics. That's why your stats changed. :)

GDPR

GDPR
That's good to know,was kind of concerned about myself for a bit over it.

---------- Post Merged at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:45 PM ----------

In checking everything on the new server, I noticed that posts in the Just Chat and Just For Fun threads were not being counted

So apparently I have been chatting and having fun all these years without realizing how much I have :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.