More threads by Michelle M

12 days ago l was prescribed Prednisone 5 mg. to help with Chronic Migraines and every day l take one less pill. l started with 12 pills and l am going to be taking my last pill tomorrow and it did help with the Migraines, but l am getting severe spasms in my right leg and hand, but since Saturday, my heart just pounds in my chest and l am having alot of anxiety.
l should have gone to the clinic today because l am really not feeling myself. l am breaking out in sweats and l am going to take some Klonipin and see if that helps..l am going to call the Pharmacy in the morning and ask any advice.
l was reading up on the side effects and l do believe it is the medication. lt is just getting worse as it is getting later, such as my heart pounding from my chest down.
Well, l am going to go now and hopefully get this sorted out tomorrow.

making_art

Hi Michelle,
It looks like you are in Quebec? If so you can call thus number for free 24/7 to talk to a nurse. every privince has this free health line so check the province you are in for the number if not Quebec. Hope you feel better soon!

Easy to remember, 8-1-1 may be called anywhere in Quebec. It is a free service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Are you worried about your health or that of someone close to you?
  • Do you wish to know if you should go to an emergency room, a health and social services centre (CSSS) or go to a clinic to receive care?
  • Who should I consult?
Call 8-1-1 and speak directly to a health professional. A service which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I hope you got a hold of a nurse someone to help you If you are having a severe side affect to the medication speak to your doctor or go to the hospital and talk to a doctor there in emergency ok just worried for you. Hold off in taking another one until you get to hospital and talk to doctor there

l called and was getting dead air, so l never took anymore of the steroids. l called the Pharmacist when the store opened and she told me to stop taking anymore medication. l had a pounding heart until yesterday. l did not have severe migraines but the medication is not working well for me.
l take the Vitamins and Magnesium along with Amerge if l feel a headache starting. l see my Dr. at the end of the month but l am feeling much better then when l was on the Steroids.

making_art

Glad you are feeling better, Michelle. I get migraines as well and feel they are related to barometric pressure and weather changes mostly. I stopped eating bananas as a recommendation by my Dr as well. I’m also very lucky that taking 2 extra strength Ibuprofen (800mg) will stop my migraine if I catch at it’s earliest stage.

l have had Migraines since l was a child and l do take notice of weather changes as l am pretty well surrounded by water where l am living. l do get pressure on my sinuses when the weather changes.
l found it very interesting that you talked about eating Bananas because l do eat them, but now you have stopped eating them, has it helped?? l am going to do some reading up on foods that can trigger Migraines as well. Thank you for the tip!

making_art

Yeah, I have sinus issues too. Humid weather is a definite trigger for migraine me. My Dr had given me a handout she had made and there was a list of foods and there was a conversation about bananas on that list and I don’t recall if I recorded banana eating or what. I just avoid them so there was some kind of connection for me. Horomone fluctuations is another definite trigger for me. Don’t know where that handout is at the moment but there are lists of foods online.

By the way...I love the quote in your messages...

l know a few of the things that can trigger Migraines which l will look up on line and the humidity is a definate trigger as well as rain and seasonal allergies...

l find the quotes on Pinterest and l change them on my emails every few weeks and l think this signature is good for this site. Have a good evening everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.