More threads by FallingFlame

hi my name is tyler and i'm sorry if this is somehow posted in the wrong place but i have a problem. I recently smoked weed on the weekend and ever since then i've been going out of my mind recalling horrible memories from a bad shroom trip i once had two months ago and the thought burned into my brain that the life i'm living now is all an illusion and i'm gonna wake up in some hospital somewhere or on the floor unconscious and dying and sometimes i get these panic attacks and this weird feeling in my stomach and i feel like im going to go crazy and its killing me i only smoked weed rarely and this wasnt my first time and its been 3-4 days since i used it and im also afraid i somehow unlocked some kind've mental disorder and that i'm gonna have to live with this forever and i really need someone to help me or give me some advice i just want to enjoy life again and see it how i use to because right now it's a ****ing nightmare i've lost my appetite and feel like i'm going to break down soon.

Lana

Hi Tyler;
From what you're describing, it sounds like you're experiencing anxiety brought on by using illegal substances. Your fears may be your subconscious telling you to stop and where habitual use of drugs leads to. If this condition persists, I would recommend seeing your doctor to help you with the symptoms. I would also encourage you to discontinue using recreational drugs. :)

Hi Tyler;
From what you're describing, it sounds like you're experiencing anxiety brought on by using illegal substances. Your fears may be your subconscious telling you to stop and where habitual use of drugs leads to. If this condition persists, I would recommend seeing your doctor to help you with the symptoms. I would also encourage you to discontinue using recreational drugs. :)

Yes, believe me i have learned my lesson and will stay away from them from now and i have thought of this as anxiety but wasn't at all sure

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
From what you're describing, it sounds like you're experiencing anxiety brought on by using illegal substances.

Actually, it's probably far more specific than that. Individuals prone to anxiety seem to have a specific vulnerability to cannabis (along with a few other street drugs) and in such individuals use of cannabis can trigger anxiety disorders and/or panic attacks.

In other individuals with vulnerabilities to schizophrenia, use of cannabis can trigger the first psychoptic episode, while people vulernable to depression may find that use of cannabis triggers a major depression.

What I would advise you to do, Tyler, is start by seeing your family doctor and tell him/her what happened. Your doctor may prescribe something for anxiety and arrange a referral to a counsellor to help you learn strategies to cope with the anxiety you're experiencing.

Hi Tyler i hope you truly seek help for your anxiety okay. Weed as you put it is just a starting point to other things. Get help now okay so you can learn better ways to cope. My daughter started off with weed and it just escalated to other drug uses and she has now developed schizoeffective disorder and is struggling to get off so many things. Don't wait okay call your GP like doctor Baxter said and get some councilling and maybe some proper medication to help you. Take care of you okay glad you reached out for help here now please get some help from your doctor take care.

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions it's really good to know theres a place to go to ask for help and people to talk to and trust me i have stopped walking down the drug path and this whole experience and nightmare has made me respect life so much more for what it is and see how beautiful it is after this anxiety diminishes i'm gonna enjoy life so much more and not use drugs for any false masked reality that i dont need i can honestly say i'm truly glad to be alive

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.