More threads by Andy

Andy

MVP
I came across this article about Urban Outfitters and something I would consider to be a tasteless (no pun intended) shirt. This wouldn't be the first time they have had some controversy, their advertising use to consist of girls about age 12 or at least they looked that way, wearing clothes that even I would not wear at my age. I am very modest though so maybe I am just a prude. lol I guess controversy does mean free advertising though.

I went to the actual website (bad idea). DO NOT GO THERE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED. A lot of very thin girls, but I also came across another T-shirt that read "Alcohol,caffeine,cigarettes". Which is not only promoting the obvious but if you have been around ED "culture" (I roll my eyes at that) then you know what that means.

Here is a link to the article with the other t-shirt, not a link to the website.
Urban Outfitters' Eat Less T-Shirt Controversy

Plus the fact that if this was aimed as a message toward obese people, how incredibly cruel and discriminating that is. Does anyone else think this is promoting eating disorders or just a novelty type T?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Based on their previous controversies, it seems like they wanted to get in the news about this for publicity.

Andy

MVP
Exactly. It's a pretty selfish way to get free publicity, at the expense of boys and girls, or men and women even. It's smart marketing, but they could have found a different way to get some controversy.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.