More threads by Superiority Tails

Halo

ST,

Are you afraid for your own safety and need personal protection and therefore feel the need to own a stun gun in the first place?

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Well, I think the article could have done a better job of putting things into perspective though it does mention suicide as another concern for gay and bisexual youth.

For example, for every hate crime in the U.S. (7,649 in 2004), there are 4 deaths by suicide (30,622 in 2001).

Another way of putting things in perspective is to note the many people who have the gay flag bumper stickers on their car without ever being beaten up.

ST,

Are you afraid for your own safety and need personal protection and therefore feel the need to own a stun gun in the first place?

Yea. It would be nice if I could open up and tell people how I feel without being afraid of people beating me down. Don't I deserve to have people care about me instead of being ignored and picked on?

Halo

Don't I deserve to have people care about me instead of being ignored and picked on?

Of course you deserve to have people care about you, we all do, however I don't understand the need to carry a weapon/protection device because of the "anticipation" that you may be ignored or picked on. Is this happening now or is this what you are fearful is going to happen?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
People already pick on me but I afraid that it will get much worst before it gets better and I didn't think about getting sued. The dirty dozen was a good movie but I'm not sure if the book will be any different. I hope I'll never have to use stun guns and mase but I hope everything works out though.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.