• Quote of the Day
    "Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do."
    John Wooden, posted by David Baxter

NightOwl

I'm trying to work out the type of disability I have. I can read perfectly but sometimes have to re-read a few times to understand content in detail. I find writing anything back on paper takes me some time and I tend to use a spell box and I am pretty good on the use of my computer. Also my husband helps me a lot with my grammar, although those are all my own words.

I also have problems with concentration. I have no problem with spending many hours on a project, with dedication, and I have very good organisational skills, often can assess a situation faster than other people and come up immediately with answers without being able to say how I got there.

I find it very difficult to work in sequence, but my brain seems to have found its own route round to come up with the right answers quickly. I find working from written notes the best way to deal with this, as I can refer bacwards and forwards until the document I want to produce looks right.

I'd appreciate any advice. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to add this: I tend to have a very good long term memory and work strongly with visual images. I have a poor memory on text and so have to have it in front of me to work with. I also find that I work using a template / skeleton approach to any project I take on. I will start from a certain date and memory and fill in the gaps; this is the same approach I use for any project, it tends to give me a focus.

NightOwl

Last edited:

Top Bottom