More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Big hair lands Newfoundland woman on Degeneres show
CBC News
Tuesday, January 25, 2011

nl-hair-125.jpg
Kerri Rodden-Kemp had seriously big hair in 1989 when she was a 14-year-old living in eastern Newfoundland. (CBC)

A woman originally from St. John's and a high school photograph of her hair have appeared on U.S. television.

"I live in Oakville, Ont., but I'm from Kilbride, Nfld. Yes. Woo hoo," Kerri Rodden-Kemp said during Monday's appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show.

Rodden-Kemp was invited to a taping in Los Angeles after sending an unforgettable photograph of her hair to the show as a lark. The photo was taken in 1989, when she was a Grade 9 student in eastern Newfoundland.

She appeared on a regular segment of the show called, "Bad paid-for photographs."

"It was surreal. Like, I can't even talk. It was amazing. [Ellen] smelled beautiful. She's gorgeous. I couldn't control myself," Rodden-Kemp told CBC's St. John's Morning Show. "It was awesome. Hopefully I made all the Newfoundlanders proud."

Rodden-Kemp, who described her hair as "insane and out of control," told CBC it took so long to style every morning before school that she was often late for the bus.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.