More threads by Lonewolf

Lonewolf

Its all spinning round and around inside my head like a DVD playing over and over!! Im not sure how i can get accross what is happening without offending anyone! Details of the abuse that still haunt and worry me to this day! I still can't get to grips with what and why it happened? I understand i should try to move forwards and not dwell on the past, but i can't do that until i can convince myself about where the responsibilities lay!! For many, many years i have been so intensely angry with myself for several different events and i still am because i have never discussed the issues i face since then!! Im sorry if this is confusing, im very aware that this is a sensitive issue and im trying to avoid putting my foot in it!! :distress:
I am not yet at the point where i trust my GP with some of the information thats upsetting me so much, but i don't know how much longer i can stop myself reacting impulsively to my emotions!!

Last edited:

Lonewolf

I Don't even know where to start with looking for a therapist, now ive been discharged from mental health services, lol? Im scared!! :eek:mg:

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Yes Reeper... I hope you will be able to get access to something soon....

If you cannot get access to therapy or a counsellor at the moment, remember the option of support lines like Samaritans, Lifeline etc - whether you prefer their email or chat services etc - you can say absolutely whatever you want or need to say. They may not be able to help you work through the feelings like a therapist can, but having them listen and give care and support can still be helpful until you have access to therapy... They may also be able to help you find helpful services or programs, maybe even funding options if cost is a barrier for you, etc...

GDPR

GDPR
I understand exactly how you're feeling.

I tried to forget the past and not dwell on it,but that doesn't work. It really has to be worked through. I have been working on one specific issue since August,and I am just now able to see things in a different way.

I hope you're able to somehow find a therapist. It's hard working through things,but well worth the effort.

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
I'm not sure what it's like where you are, but in my city there are a number of not-for-profit organisations who offer counselling to people who have been victims of abuse/trauma at little or no cost. Your GP would be a good person to ask about that. I looked up 'counselling' in the yellow pages here and most of the non-government organisations who provide these services in my city were listed there.

GDPR

GDPR
....where I live there are places that offer a sliding scale fee,based on income.Actually,there's all sorts of help available.I was searching for mental help for one of my young adult kids and was surprised at all the resources available.I even found a couple of places that will pay for any medications he may need.

I don't know how things are where you live,but hopefully,with a little searching,you can find the help you need. Do you have anyone that can help you with your search?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.