More threads by Thelostchild

I have been on a med called metholphinadate or ridellin. Wow I can't believe how well it works. Other then It wares off fast and it makes me not have an appitite. I tried stratira that stuff made me want to sleep all the time.

Halo

Re: Ridellin

Have you talked to your doctor about it wearing off fast and especially about you not having an appetite? It is probably something that he/she should know.

Re: Ridellin

yes that is it I was to lazy to get out of bed and look at the bottle to see how I spell it. I have not told my pdoc Im kind of frustrated with him and I don't want to talk to him right now.. I know that Its not good that my appitite sucks but I'am eating. Don't worry.

I came across a forum I don't know how I got there exactly but anyway there were girls on there saying that they take these ADHD meds so they can lose weight. Wow, I was surprised but of course I already new that Ritalin can make you lose weight. Just surprised to hear that girls use these other ADHD meds to loose weight or might I say more weight.

I was on Ritalin and then moved to Strattera.

Ritalin gave me panic attacks that took me to the hospital twice. It is also clearly bad for you as is evidenced in the fact that it is a hefty CNS stimulant. I felt it's abuse pretty quickly. The appetite...the extreme swinging of OFF and ON of the drug.

I have yet to see how Strattera works.

Halo

Digitalmonk,

While I understand and am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Ritalin, I do not think that it is fair to generalize and say that it is clearly bad overall. Every person reacts differently to medication so although you did not have a good experience with it, that does not mean that someone else will not benefit from it. For many people medications are trial and error and what works for one, may not work for another.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I was on Ritalin and then moved to Strattera.

Ritalin gave me panic attacks that took me to the hospital twice. It is also clearly bad for you as is evidenced in the fact that it is a hefty CNS stimulant. I felt it's abuse pretty quickly. The appetite...the extreme swinging of OFF and ON of the drug.

I have yet to see how Strattera works.

Digitalmonk,

While I understand and am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Ritalin, I do not think that it is fair to generalize and say that it is clearly bad overall. Every person reacts differently to medication so although you did not have a good experience with it, that does not mean that someone else will not benefit from it. For many people medications are trial and error and what works for one, may not work for another.

Nancy is correct. There are many people who do quite well on Ritalin, especially the long acting version.

However, if you did not react well to Ritalin, Strattera would be a good choice for an alternative. Ritalin is a stimulant. Strattera is an SNRI (norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), similar in some respects to Effexor.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.