More threads by Cat Dancer

make me want to severely hurt myself because I'm helpless to do anything for them. :( Why do people do that kind of stuff? I can't understand harming animals or children.

Retired

Why do people do that kind of stuff?

What are you referring to?

The reality is there is all kind of tragedy and unspeakable crime going on all over the world. We can only control what is directly in our direct control, and cannot punish ourselves for things beyond our control.

You must not internalize what you cannot control.

Steve

Retired

I don't think any rational person would understand what motivates a psychopath who takes perverted pleasure abusive behaviour.

That's why it's not productive to redirect frustration or anger inward toward ourselves when this kind of thing happens. The best we can do is make sure we do our best to be kind and respectful to others.

There will always be cruel tyrants in the world, unfortunately.

Retired

Cat Dancer,

Are you referring to those money solicitation commercials by the American SPCA that have been running during the Holidays?

If you are, I agree they are showing disgraceful self serving images of abused animals for the sole purpose of eliciting emotions in order to get peoples' money during the Holidays.

In fact, this organization was the object of an investigation by CNN for questionable fund raising practices, where very little of the money raised actually ended up in the hands of the ASPCA.

Yes, that is what I've been seeing. I agree that it is just to get money and it is shameful. :( It's taking advantage of people.

GDPR

GDPR
I can't stand watching those commercials,so I simply change the channel.

The commercials work...that's why they have them. And yes, it is taking advantage of people.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.