More threads by Curious

Curious

I am sad and depressed for my grandson who is nine years old and in the fourth grade. His grandmother and I gave him back to his parents thinking that was the right thing to do (we kept him for four yrs from his birth). It was the biggest mistake we ever made. Today at nine he is his own worst enemy because of what we did, His mother and step father still do not want him. He is in a special school for trouble children and next year he goes to a regular school. My wife is a invalid and i take care of her.

I was told by other grandparents, Judges feel all children should be with there parents and it is heck to get a grandson or daughter from the parent who mistreats him terribly. So add guilt to my stupidity. We cannot afford a lawyer we are trying to pay off all the hospitals we owe. My wife owes about thirty eight thousand and I owe twenty two thousand. I hate to see him suffer which was our fault. The parents are thinking about giving him to the Children,s and parents service, when and if theydo we will go to court to see if we can have him back. He wants to come bank to us anyway.

There are times like these that I am sad depressed and downhearted on what we did and how they treat him. And by the way this is called love, and there still is pain. I was high strung. :(

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I would see it as you did a great thing for your grandson and then did what you thought was best for him at the time. (I have step-grandkids and just babysitting them for a week was taxing on my nerves.)

Of course, it's the parents fault for being bad parents. It's not your fault the parents have a drug addiction or whatever the underlying problem is. "We didn't start the fire" as Billy Joel's song goes.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.