More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
I've been texting back and forth with someone for 20 minutes.

I've just discovered I don't know them.

It was a wrong number.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

Banned

Banned
For a moment I really was worried. I was thinking "He (?) says I know him, what if he's right? I'll feel like such an idiot." I was wracking my brain trying to figure out how I knew him.

Then he said "this is mandee, right?"...at which point I both laughed and heaved a sigh of relief. I'm NOT losing my mind after all!!

unionmary

haha, that is absolutely hilarious

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Aboot Canadians, What Jeff Foxworthy says.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation
With someone who dialed a wrong number,
You may live in Canada .

We Canadians are just soooo polite!!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
For a moment I really was worried. I was thinking "He (?) says I know him, what if he's right? I'll feel like such an idiot." I was wracking my brain trying to figure out how I knew him.

Then he said "this is mandee, right?"...at which point I both laughed and heaved a sigh of relief. I'm NOT losing my mind after all!!

Flawed logic. Just because you're not Mandy, doesn't mean you're not losing your mind. Lots of people not named Mandy have lost their minds.

Aboot Canadians, What Jeff Foxworthy says.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation
With someone who dialed a wrong number,
You may live in Canada .

We Canadians are just soooo polite!!

Now THAT is comedy. :coffee:

Banned

Banned
Flawed logic. Just because you're not Mandy, doesn't mean you're not losing your mind. Lots of people not named Mandy have lost their minds.

Good point. However, I'm quite confident that in this case, I haven't lost my mind. I may have in other ways, but that's another story for another day. :D

Banned

Banned
ravynn and mandee will be so thrilled knowing the chain effect they had. The best part is I can text Ravynn and let him/her know how much fun we're having at their expense :)

sarek

Dont feel alone. I had exactly the same happen to me. After chatting somewhat awkwardly for about twenty minutes he/she/it asks me: 'who are you anyway?'

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.