More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
We have so much in common. Except that stuff about the pope.
October 5, 2007

Sinead O'Connor, whose cover of Prince's Nothing Compares 2 U always makes me weak, has revealed she has bipolar disorder. From the AP:

She now takes medications that serve as a mood stabilizer and antidepressant, as well as help her sleep.

The drugs have helped her become more balanced, she said, but "it's a work in progress. I'm not going to sit here and claim that I'm kinda perfect or anything. Anything is an improvement when you've been in desolation ... to be out of that place is brilliant. It doesn't mean you don't have lumps and bumps."​

Sing it, sister. In my case, those are some serious lumps and bumps, but what's amazing about it is that I can actually deal with them; I've learned how. The problem is believing there's a magic bullet, that one day you won't be a work in progress. Not so. But, Sinead says, she no longer thinks of suicide. "I'm certainly out of despair, which is great."

O'Connor Struggled With Suicide Thoughts

ladylore

Account Closed
I saw part of the interview on Oprah - it was interesting in that what she was describing I have also gone through but the symptoms of anxiety, depression...have been connected to PTSD not bipolar.

Sinead says, she no longer thinks of suicide. "I'm certainly out of despair, which is great."

This is the biggest improvement for myself too. I know longer have suicide as a choice. It is great. :)

i am so glad these famous people who struggle with these kinds of things are talking about it. i think it's very helpful in reducing the stigma.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.