More threads by MHealthJo

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
OH MY GOSH I'VE JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!

I've just realised what's been a bit 'off' with me the last couple of years --

NO OPRAH!! D:

Hehe, but actually this is a semi-serious realisation. I think there's a genuine somewhat meaningful loss which I've just realised! Gosh, in all the months/years when chronic fatigue syndrome was in a more 'yuck' phase instead of an 'okay' phase, on all the days I slithered out of bed at 1pm, with no meaningful plans and the strength only to transfer to the couch and press the 'on' button - bam! she was always right there for me..... but with my current bout..... she's not there! :(

What do you think? How does one replace Oprah?...

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I'm afraid that all of those combined do not replace Oprah......

Besides, the middle of the day is for inspirational life-learning or quality biography-interview type TV. To pretend you're enriching yourself and doing constructive things. Then you get inspired and motivated and do one miniscule task. Or half a task. Or begin a task. Or think about a task. Or look at, then ignore, a task.

Then AFTER that important stuff you REWARD yourself with the purely entertaining comedy TV. Don't you know ANYTHING Dr. Baxter? *rolls eyes*

GDPR

GDPR
So you don't think Family Guy is inspirational or quality tv?

Try watching it in Family Guy PJ's and you'll think differently.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Quality, yes. Inspirational, that had not occurred to me as such.......

But with that PJ idea which I haven't tried, I'm suddenly thinking there is a whole dimension of it I might have been missing!!

Ooh, maybe you get some sort of Dark Side of the Rainbow -like effect
..?

Thanks for alerting me....... I'm gonna try it.....

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.