More threads by Retired

Retired

Attachments

• 7 Types ADD Additude Amen.pdf
    135.8 KB · Views: 11

PrincessX

Account Closed
Honestly, the additude website is very informative. I did not intend to read this article, as I thought: "I do not have ADD, my kids don't have ADD.". I opened the link by accident :mushroom:, well almost, and to my surprise a lot of the behavioural interventions, recommended for disciplining children, could be used for children with different or differential diagnoses as well. Not to mention, that it provides a nice summary. I actually continue to question whether one of my children has ADD and after reading all this, I think I will pursue additional testing.

Parafluie

Interesting.
Background: In the early- mid- 90s, there were some wonderful compuserve forums: Mind/Body and ADD/ADHD (well, I think that's what it was called--it's been a long time). On these fora, I learned so much, and interacted with Amen, who was just beginning PET scans and showing how the brain of an ADD person trying to force concentration/learning, would go blank. Also interacted with Carla Nelson-Berg (bouncing brains and hyperthought.net), Thom Hartmann (actually, he was the moderator), Tom Allen, Tony Atwood (Asperger's), and many others--including the light-sound, CES devotees.

Anyway, I thought immediately of Carla Nelson's early description of many types of ADD/ADHD and a visual that she had in her book, Bouncing Brains (?):
SSB2 from Carla's Collection (Archives)

It seems that Carla isn't hyperfocusing on this any more, as the website isn't terribly active and I don't see how to buy her book. Pity.

If you nose around the site, you might find many interesting hyperthoughts.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.