More threads by Cat Dancer

the worse I feel. My anxiety level just goes up and up. It's because I know I can never get everything done perfectly and have everything the way I want it. :( It's very discouraging. I thought having things clean would make me feel better, but I just see more and more that I need to do and it's hard to figure out the best way to do things. I don't want to fail. I know this is OCD. :(

---------- Post Merged on December 27th, 2013 at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was on December 26th, 2013 at 10:04 PM ----------

So, is it ok if I do less cleaning. :D

GDPR

GDPR
I have been making a to-do list,but I only put one or two things on it.I check them off after I do them and then make a list for the next day.It helps a lot because I feel accomplished instead of thinking about all of the other things I need to do or should do.

Retired

is it ok if I do less cleaning?

You can find consolation in knowing that dust keeps....:coffee:

I know I can never get everything done perfectly

Not many people, if anyone can. It helps if expectations can be in line with what is actually possible, unless you happen to be:
Superwoman.jpg

is sounds like your inner critic is trying to beat you up. Try self care when you have an urge to be a perfectionist. Self care is doing something really nice for yourself like burning a candle or drinking a cup of gourmet coffee.Hugs to a fellow OCD'er.:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.