More threads by ladylore

ladylore

Account Closed
On Sunday the 23rd I will be celebrating 3 years clean and sober. I had a short visit with my addiction therapist today and when I arrived they had bought me a cake and a card.

I played tourist in my own city today and also spoke with my old sponsor who is bringing cupcakes to the meeting Sunday to celebrate with me.

It feels like a short time ago, and at the same time, a few lifetimes ago. It's the first time I tried to get clean and sober with help and have succeeded.

Join the celebration? :)

Jazzey

Account Closed
If I could ship them as beautifully as I can on the pictures myself LL, I would. But you definitely deserve a treat for yourself right now - whatever treat suits your fancy. :)

Banned

Banned
That's awesome LL! Good for you! I hope you are proud of your accomplishment, as you have every reason to be.

Retired

What a wonderful reason to celebrate, Robyn! I can feel the pride in your accomplishment. A journey of a thousand steps that began with one courageous step....may there be many more!

:2thumbs:

ladylore

Account Closed
It means alot to share this with you all. :)

The meeting I go to is a topic meeting. The one who is celebrating a cake picks the topic for that meeting. My topic is: Finish this sentence - What I have learned ......

Fiver

Thank you, Robyn, for everything. Congratulations to you, and I'm adding you to the list of people I want to be when I grow up.

xxoo...
lane

Andy

MVP
:funky:Happy Birthday ladylore:funky: That is a great accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself.:goodjob:
Enjoy your birthday meeting!:yeahthat:

i keep thinking about this and what a huge accomplishment this is robyn. addiction is such a difficult thing to overcome. so proud of you!!!:dance2::flowers::turtle3::cake:

ladylore

Account Closed
My old sponsor is baking cupcakes. 3 really big ones :lol:

Your right ITL, beating addiction is hard. The hardest part is beating the obsessiveness comes along with it. But with a little help with Prozac for 6 months and trauma therapy I pretty much have it beat.

My addiction therapist was talking about this yesterday. She was saying that every time we fullfill one of the obsessions our brain gets a hit of dopamine. This means it's like getting a fix all over again.

I'm proud of myself too. :D

ladylore

Account Closed
I have to say that I am relieved that it is all over. One thing that hasn't changed is the anxiety I experience. I was glad to see everyone and have cupcakes, but it was somewhat nerve racking being in a group and they are talking about me.

Now I am safely behind my computer. :panic:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.