More threads by Halo

thanks halo, those are great questionnaires you've been posting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Halo

Thanks Ladybug :) I like taking online questionnaires myself and I only post the ones that I find are pretty accurate and worthy. Also, I need something to keep me busy and occupied the last little while so finding and posting good, quality questionnaires has become my hobby :)

More to come :D

Benjamin

I took that test some 6 or 7 years ago and saved it (it was a paper version). I took it again about a month ago and it was amazing how much my self-esteem has improved. It's hard work, but you *can* feel better about yourself. I find that it helps me to tell myself that this is my life and I'm the star of my life -- not just somebody playing a bit part in someone else's life. I still have a lot more work to do, but I'm getting there.

Thanks for sending the link on this, Halo! It is a good questionnaire and thought provoking especially on the needing approval from others questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth

Strange, I scored 62 reasonably high level, thought I had low self esteem. I am happy I havent!!

Similar threads

6 Words You Use Every Day That Cripple Your Self Esteem (& The Empowering Words You Should Use Instead) by Jennifer Warren Medwin, YourTango.com January 7, 2020 The words you choose either give you power or take it away. How familiar are you with your internal dialogue when it comes to building self-esteem? The language you use can have a profound impact on your self-image, how you show up in the world, and how you live your life. Words have the power to shape your beliefs and influence...
Replies
Views
“You Are Not Broken:” How ADHD Erodes a Child’s Self-Confidence by Sweta Gupta, ADDitude July 18, 2018 One lesser known curse of attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD) is low self-esteem. In my more than 20 years of mental health training and practice, I have yet to meet a child diagnosed with ADHD who doesn’t feel bad about him or herself from time to time. In addition to attention and concentration issues, children with ADHD struggle with an underlying belief that they are...
Replies
Views
5 Tips to Permanently Improve Your Self-Esteem (VIDEO) ProjectMonkeyMind.com May 16, 2018
Replies
Views
A small example: My husband has bipolar disorder and is usually "the life of the party." Since being with him, I have been to numerous parties that I would have never been willing to go to before. So the relationship itself can be the agent of change you need. My whole family was shocked how much I changed since meeting him. I went from years of unemployment to working part time to full time and then overtime.
Replies
Views
Why Self-Compassion Works Better Than Self-Esteem Boosting your ego won?t make you feel better. Instead, try talking to yourself like you would your best friend. Olga Khazan May 6, 2016 In 1986, California state assemblyman John Vasconcellos came up with what he believed could be ?a vaccine for major social ills? like teen pregnancy and drug abuse: a special task-force to promote self-esteem among Californians. The effort folded three years later, and was widely considered not to have...
Replies
Views