More threads by Banned

Halo

Wasn't one of the tips to survive the holidays that David posted a day or so ago about planning something fun for January that you can look forward to.....well now you have your something :D

Banned

Banned
I met with my therapist last night and although it was only the two of us, we did a bit of Theraplay, although not for the whole hour. First we had a pan of pudding (it was gross!) and we made pictures in the pudding using Corn Pops and chocolate chips. She made a caterpillar, and i made an erupting volcano. Then we crunched all the Corn Pops and made a "stew"...it was really quite disgusting at that point!! Then, let's see...oh yeah...she had wooden blocks, and we each made a tower, we were trying to see who could build the tallest. Then we did one together without talking, and then another one where we could talk. We got it pretty high but it was hard because of course none of the blocks are perfectly square (I love the game Jenga - I'm sure my Jenga skills came in very handy for this!). Then we put a potato chip on certain parts of our body and had to get it into our mouth without touching it - so we did ankle, near the elbow, and shoulder. And then things got serious again...but it helped, cause I was in a really bad mood when I arrived there but this helped me work with her without having to use words and I felt alot better when I left.

Halo

BG,

I am glad that you got to do a little of the Theraplay and that it helped you to work out the bad mood that you were in. Sounds like you are really enjoying this type of therapy :).

Miette

That sounds fun... I'm glad you enjoyed it! I also think it's awesome that you went even though you were terrified.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.